hedgehog lab is a global digital product studio that partners with brands and enterprises to help them achieve their business goals using emerging technologies on the web, mobile and connected platforms. With over a decade’s experience in engineering, design and product development, we are experts at delivering mobile apps that deliver real, demonstrable business impact for its partners, which have included AJ Bell, Kodak Alaris & Deliveroo.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle upon Tyne
CheeseGeek wanted their new apps to be more than just a shop - they wanted to create a whole experience around cheese. More specifically, the new mobile apps would increase retention, improve brand recognition and engagement, and lay the foundation for future growth.
hedgehog lab designed and built the mobile apps for iOS and Android natively by our in-house developers which included:
- A Dynamic Dashboard
- Improved browsability and shopping experience, with a dynamic shop landing page
- Improved product listings and information
- Real-time information and control over subscription orders
Launching a new brand in a crowded marketplace is not easy, but we managed to do just that with Kodak Alaris and their popular photo printing app PixPax.
Working with the legendary photography name, we carried out market and user research to shape design, branding, price and go to market strategy before designing and building both iOS and Android apps.
Following launch, the app has proven extremely popular, garnering rave reviews and has been featured by both Apple and Google.
AJ Bell wanted to introduce a new fintech mobile platform to make investing easy and less scary for everyone. They partnered with hedgehog lab to identify and develop mobile apps for iOS and Android that would really stand out and that's Dodl!
hedgehog lab’s UX research team, had to identify and better understand users' raw behaviours to ensure the apps were meeting real user needs. That led to the understanding that the target audience was feeling overwhelmed by too many choices and proceeded to focus on improving their experience.
The new mobile apps were designed and built on Flutter (a new hybrid technology language by Google) by our in-house developers and after meticulous testing, it was launched early April 2022 for iOS and Android with the following features:
- Optimised onboarding journey - Simplified user experience with fewer steps for easy access
- Guiding the user as much as possible by providing information while assuming they were new to investing
- Invest in UK shares and funds with no fee for buying or selling
- Transparency in the investment opportunities with easy-to-understand themed investment categories available to everyone
- The app offered an enhanced user experience that followed brand guidelines in a smooth and uncomplicated design
- Advanced analytics connected to AJ Bell’s MI systems for a detailed understanding of product experience
We partnered with tech unicorn Deliveroo to design and develop a new ingredient sourcing platform for restaurants on iOS, Android and Web.
The platform, which includes bespoke apps for both restaurants and suppliers, gives restaurant owners a quick, easy and convenient way to source new suppliers, order ingredients and track deliveries.
Leveraging our in-house user research capabilities, we carried out research with target users in real restaurants to ensure the apps were meeting real user needs.